Guys,

Sorry to post this to the dev list, but general yielded no results.  Lot's
of noise on there and something about foo vs. bar ;-).

I'm considering using the integrated Java support within PHP to make
method calls to a java reporting tool (jasper reports) from within PHP.

Yet, the manual suggests the ability to call methods on java objects is
experimental at best.

Was wondering if anyone here is using this feature in a production
environment (or at all, for that matter), and if so how if you've had any
problems.

Alternatively, I could use the SAPI module, but I'm worried that this may
be a performance hit to my app (disclaimer: haven't tested or even tried
yet).  Is it possible to have most of your PHP app run under mod_php and
the Java-related portion run contained in a Tomcat servlet?

Finally, which option would you recommend?

I appreciate any input you're able to provide.

John