At 18:07 29.01.2003, George Schlossnagle wrote:
Aside from this being on the wrong list (this should go to php-general), it's worth noting that mandatory locking support is pretty inconsistently implemented across most OSs.

Why wrong list?

I guess Ananth needs it somewhere forthe netware port of php...

In dba extension i use that mechanism to hinder multiple php instances to update
the same database file. Wez and me will move that code or whatever solution to
the streams stuff.

Inside dba i use flock compatibility routines. If you can show us how to do that
on Netware or if you can use those mechanisms then both (streams and netware
port) would benefit.

marcus