On March 6, 2003 11:19 am, Derick Rethans wrote:
> Our policy is not to merge new things to stable branches (which is
> PHP_4_3 now).

True, however the apache2handler works much better then the existing
apache2filter and as far as I can tell fixes at least 1 crash bug. There
maybe more things it fixes, but I have not had the chance to test those yet.
The only things on my wishlist is some CS cleanup & better Apache info (akin
to the one offered by Apache 1) and I hope to have a patch for those shortly.
The only possible issue that I see with apache2handler, is that is requires
the very latest Apache 2, 2.0.44.

I think it would be in everyone's best interest if apache2handler was
introduced in 4.3.X series & probably replace the current apache2filter all
together.

Ilia