Andrei Zmievski wrote:
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

I have seen extended interfaces quite often in the Java world.

 IIRC, the following code currently runs without problems and it should
 stay that way, if it does not harm us in any way:

   <?php
   interface Foo {}
   interface Bar extends Foo {}
   class FooBar implements Bar {}
   ?>

I wasn't talking about interfaces extending interfaces - that is
perfectly fine. I was saying that "class blah extends <interface>" and
"class blah implements <interface>" is confusing.

-Andrei http://www.gravitonic.com/

A class extending an interface seems just weird to me. classes should only extend classes, and implement interfaces. interfaces can extend interfaces. I haven't been following the interfaces stuff (I'm going to have to backtrack and read it all, very happy if this stuff will do what I want), but I would hope we have some capability of implementing multiple interfaces in a class somehow.

interface JAZ {}
interface FOO {}
interface BAR extends FOO {}
class foo implements FOO {}
class foobar extends foo implements (BAR,JAZ) {}

Shane