> On 02 Aug 2016, at 13:10, Matteo Beccati <mat...@beccati.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Gary,
>
> On 01/08/2016 17:50, GeeH wrote:
>> It was agreed as a group, that voting +1 for the replacement of Paul was
>> inherently pointless, as removing Paul as the voting representative is a
>> moot action resulting in no perceptible change to the situation. As
>> Matthew was one of the public complainants, it should be obvious that as
>> a team we still feel that there was a problem with Paul's behaviour. In
>> effect, we disagree with Paul's expulsion as a voting representative,
>> but still feel there is a problematic situation on the mailing list. We
>> also believe that expelling someone should be a last resort when
>> mediation has failed and that while mediation was attempted, it was not
>> done in a meaningful way with clear goals.
>
> I was planning to write an email to explain the reasons behind my vote, but I
> couldn't have found better words to express my own feelings about it.

I also agree with this post.

To me its important that anyone on this list does not see the -1 from Jackalope
on the expulsion vote is considered an endorsement with Paul’s discussion
style. I have already contacted him before when I wanted to give him concrete
feedback. At this point I have not gotten the feeling that Paul is
acknowledging that there is a problem. I do think that in the end it will
require all sides making a step towards each other building trust and building
at least a base line in etiquette. At the same time I feel like its on Paul to
clearly communicate that he even cares. I think the “other side” has made it
clear that they would prefer mediation over expulsion and I think Paul has so
far not shown any willingness to adjust his behavior regardless of offlist or
onlist discussions on this topic, so I understand the frustration that led to
expulsion vote. There Paul imho rather than mend fences favored to fuel the
fire once again. If this was done intentionally or not I cannot tell.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
sm...@pooteeweet.org