Great. Then it makes sense to me. The diff is quite big and info is a bit
scattered there. I guess that's why there are negative votes on topic.

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 10:56:50 PM UTC+3, Larry Garfield wrote:

> On 08/22/2016 01:37 PM, Chris Tankersley wrote:
>

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM, Alessandro Lai <alessand...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> So Larry, this also addresses the issue of the (12) even number of the
>> core committee? Since votes requires always 2/3, no tie is possible?
>>

> That was my bad, yes. 2/3 would mean an even number of members would be
> fine. I'd forgotten that bit, and just remember the 50% number from what we
> needed for Quorum. It's laid out in the PR:
>

> https://github.com/php-fig/fig-standards/pull/752/files#diff-a7e6254aa839471064951898e0ebb021R1
>

> Just replying to confirm the above, yes.  With most CC votes being 2/3
> (that is, 8/12 assuming everyone votes, which should be likely), the "tie
> breaker" value of an odd number of people isn't relevant.  A multiple of 3
> keeps each election an equal size (modulo unexpected vacancies).
>
> --Larry Garfield

  • [FIG 3.0] Nee... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
    • Re: [FIG... Chris Tankersley
      • Re: ... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
        • ... Alessandro Lai
        • ... Chris Tankersley
    • Re: [FIG... Larry Garfield
      • Re: ... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
      • Re: ... Alessandro Lai
        • ... Chris Tankersley
          • ... Larry Garfield
            • ... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
              • ... Alessandro Lai
                • ... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
                • ... Larry Garfield
                • ... 'Alexander Makarov' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
                • ... Alessandro Lai
                • ... Michael Cullum
                • ... Alessandro Lai