I know for sure HTTPlug has been following the spec, and that has a whole
ecosystem of both first and third party adapters.

While the implementations should be provided/listed during review, my
understanding is that they should not be listed in the metadoc itself as
the implementation generally changes after acceptance. I know we did not
provide them in that location in either psr-15 or psr-17.