On Thursday, 19 September 2019 00:27:09 UTC-7, Alexandru Pătrănescu wrote:

> we would want to allow upgrading major version of slim without upgrading
> to a major version of guzzle.

You assume that this is a requirement, to be able to upgrade major version
independently. I am saying that this is not a requirement, and it should
not be.

The exact same problem of being forced to wait for both libs to be upgraded
before you can upgrade your own project already exists today in composer
ecosystem. And it is already solved simply by having a little bit of
patience and/or contributing to libs to upgrade them. I really don't see
why PSR should have a special status and be managed differently than the
entire composer ecosystem.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/15cc9da6-83ea-424e-84a2-d405da9fb942%40googlegroups.com.
          • ... Stefano Torresi
            • ... Cees-Jan Kiewiet
              • ... Alessandro Lai
              • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
              • ... 'Edward Almasy' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
              • ... Adrien Crivelli
              • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
              • ... 'Alexander Makarow' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
              • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
              • ... Alessandro Lai
              • ... Adrien Crivelli
              • ... Alessandro Lai