Hey Ale,

Can we push this forward somehow?

My proposal didn't receive much feedback tbh, but nobody proposed
alternatives.

I have one doubt: using this namespace strategy, it seems to me that a
>> consumer of the spec can only require one revision at a time, is that
>> correct (and desired)?

Nope, that's quite the opposite: having the revision in the namespace *and*
in the package name means multiple revisions can be imported in the same
codebase, which solves the main problem of being able to provide migration
paths to BC breaks.
This is actually the main point that should justify the clunkiness of the
proposal.

I would invite all the people in the group to provide feedback, expecially
negative, so that we can asses if there is ground to start editing a new
bylaw and finally get things moving.

Cheers!
Stefano

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/php-fig/CAFojS1ui6M7EZH5hnTh64enmRhX-HxPd7bw5-DELTxa_7R2xaQ%40mail.gmail.com.
  • [BYLAW] Propo... Alessandro Lai
    • Re: [BYL... Woody Gilk
    • Re: [BYL... Larry Garfield
    • Re: [BYL... Matthew Weier O'Phinney
      • Re: ... Stefano Torresi
        • ... Korvin Szanto
        • ... Alessandro Lai
          • ... Alessandro Lai
            • ... Stefano Torresi
              • ... Cees-Jan Kiewiet
                • ... Alessandro Lai
                • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
                • ... 'Edward Almasy' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
                • ... Adrien Crivelli
                • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
                • ... 'Alexander Makarow' via PHP Framework Interoperability Group
                • ... Alexandru Pătrănescu
                • ... Alessandro Lai
                • ... Adrien Crivelli