Hi,
This is my personal opinion, and not as secretary.

I understand that the mailing list might be not the ideal, Slack might
bring more people to talk, but the fact that after some time/messages you
lose the history of the conversations is a no go.
It should be always possible to track the history of a decision.

I'm not familiar with discord, does it have the same issue?

Asmir