> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

We use LVS on our website - it works great! We have 2 load balancers with the
HA package and 6 PHP webservers running behind it (with a central DB server).

In short, it's possible and works quite well. BTW We user FreeBSD for webservers
if that's any help (though linux, NT, solaris, etc would all work)

--Joe

> http://linas.org/linux/load.html
>
> -Rasmus

Joe Stump, PHP Hacker