I asked the same question some weeks ago!

The problem is, my root installed the mail-function so that "nobody" is
the owner of the send-process!

I wanted the same thing as you want - At last I did a workaround (not bad
for sending that small amount of mails I do):

I configured .procmailrc, so the mails I want to send are sent to my local
account (specific subject), and then sendmail is called (the mail is sent
with MY USER)! If I use headers like Error-To:, they now work as expected!!

I hope you understand my filthy english!
witty