Just create it online in such a way that you can spider your whole site and
burn it to CD.  Granted you will lose the searchability of the DB, but the
contents would all be there, and could easily be indexed so that you could
still find what you are looking for.

Create one page that has a link to all of the DB ID's, titles, descriptions,
etc.  Worse case scenario you could still use CTRL-F to find-in-page the
text you are looking for.

Granted this is clumsy compared to what you had in mind, but that is a long
trip.  You would be better off to use Delphi, VB, or something similar to
write a binary app and copy the contents of the MySQL DB to something
appropriate for your programming language and application.

$0.02.

Brian