I am wondering if it would be more efficient to store the integer value that
the php function time() returns when a transaction is inserted into the
database and then when querying the database to get certain transactions
just use basic math functions to get the certain transactions.

For example in I wanted to get all the transactions from the last 31 days

lets say there was 980026719 seconds since 1970 and the number of seconds
from the last 31 days is 2678400

select from   table where time_of_trans >(980026719-2678400)

I know that the syntax isn't correct, I am just curious if this would be the
most efficient way to do this?

thanks

Randy