what's the value of var? It appears that it doesn't have a value set.

-Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Zack Ham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 5:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Problem with a regex!

I'm trying to create a small template parser so I can fill my html pages up

What I'm trying to do is run through it and replace {title} with an
appropriate value.  I have tried running
ereg_replace("{$var}",$value,$string) and
ereg_replace("\{$var\}",$value,$string).  Neither work.  They either do
nothing or produce the error "Warning: invalid content of \{\}".

Any help would be appreciated,
Zack