php-general Digest 12 Feb 2001 19:58:27 -0000 Issue 508

Topics (messages 39182 through 39254):

Can anyone help me on nntp ?
        39182 by: James Hsieh
        39185 by: Ankur Verma

Re: "wide open"
        39183 by: Rick Hodger
        39197 by: Carsten Gehling
        39214 by: Dan Harrington

Re: passthru environment variables
        39184 by: Tim Ward
        39222 by: Rich Puchalsky

Re: comparisons
        39186 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: afraid !
        39187 by: PHPBeginner.com
        39189 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: Search & replace text
        39188 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: To The Hacker: CodeBoy
        39190 by: PHPBeginner.com
        39225 by: Philip Olson

Re: way to save data
        39191 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: checking for presnet file name
        39192 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: unsubscribe php-general
        39193 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: Preserve variables between page loads?
        39194 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: column into array?
        39195 by: Tim Ward

Re: A way to duplicate data across databases
        39196 by: Tim Ward

COM vs ???
        39198 by: Ghislain Bruyere

Apache/mod_rewrite for User Tracking
        39199 by: jdwright.mmm.com

Run a script for 20minutes
        39200 by: Martin E. Koss
        39201 by: Dominick Vansevenant
        39203 by: Martin E. Koss
        39206 by: Andy Woolley
        39207 by: Carsten Gehling
        39212 by: Charlie Llewellin

money maths
        39202 by: Michael Hall
        39204 by: Martin E. Koss
        39205 by: Michael Hall

ssl
        39208 by: andreas \(.work\)

Newbie dummy questions..... error messages
        39209 by: Brian V Bonini

Re: XML Parsing The Sequel II
        39210 by: Dave
        39248 by: Steve Haemelinck
        39253 by: Steve Haemelinck

Re: fscanf problem
        39211 by: John Vanderbeck

Capturing Emails
        39213 by: Website4S.aol.com
        39220 by: jason cox
        39251 by: Jamie Alessio

header() in apache/CGI mode PHP
        39215 by: Aaron Held
        39242 by: PHPBeginner.com

Cannot get PHP w/GD to compile with Apache on RH
        39216 by: Greg Kopp
        39219 by: jason cox

Re: [PHP-INST] Cannot get PHP w/GD to compile with Apache on RH
        39217 by: Rasmus Lerdorf

PHP BOF in Stockholm
        39218 by: Rasmus Lerdorf

Problem with enctype=multipart/form-data forms
        39221 by: System Administrator

Time in php problem....
        39223 by: Ng Kok Chun
        39227 by: Dave VanAuken
        39243 by: PHPBeginner.com
        39249 by: Web master

MySQL fields
        39224 by: Brandon Orther
        39226 by: Christopher Allen
        39245 by: PHPBeginner.com

Include files
        39228 by: Conover, Ryan
        39240 by: Alexander Wagner
        39246 by: PHPBeginner.com

character problem
        39229 by: John P. Donaldson
        39230 by: Dave VanAuken
        39236 by: Philip Olson

MySQL
        39231 by: Brandon Orther
        39235 by: Brandon Orther
        39237 by: Philip Olson

What Does This Mean?
        39232 by: Ben Ocean

Regex help needed...
        39233 by: Jesse Swensen
        39244 by: Jason Stechschulte
        39247 by: PHPBeginner.com

Re: imagecolorallocate / imagesetpixel / palette size?
        39234 by: Matt McClanahan
        39239 by: Dan Harrington
        39241 by: Brian V Bonini

Here you have, ;o)
        39238 by: ajay arora

How to send email
        39250 by: Emmanuel Halphen

incorrct behavior w/ persistent connection
        39252 by: Michael George

curl - USERPWD
        39254 by: Benji Spencer

Administrivia:

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi!
I want to know if I want to post a message to some newsgroup, is there any
sample or function available ?
Can you kindly point out where should I go or maybe give me an example for
this ?

Thanks.

James

I guess there is a NNTP class avaailable at

http://phpclasses.upperdesign.com/

regards
Ankur Verma
HCL Technologies
A1CD, Sec -16
Noida, UP
India

Dan Harrington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> > Furthermore, Jonathan stated that he didn't "break into" your
> > system - you left phpMyAdmin *wide* open, which is frankly
> > asking for trouble. Imagine how much fun you'd have had if
> > someone with *malicious* intent had found it.
>
> --in the physical world, if a door is left unlocked, even ajar a couple
> inches, the physical act of pushing the door open so that one can enter
> the door is defined as "breaking and entering".
>
> "Harmlessly" pushing an unlocked door open, and walking in and writing on
> a whiteboard "Gangstaboy was here" is just as much of a crime as
> unauthorizedly logging into a machine, no matter how "wide open" it is,
> even if "harm" is not done.

I will freely admit I have seen and peeked into "wide open" websites in the
past, either through server misconfiguration or faulty scripts. But I have
never gone much further than maybe figuring out what was wrong and sending
an email to the owner. Most people are pretty receptive if you just send
them a kindly worded email.

--
Rick Hodger