use stripslashes() in the submit page to take care of the problem with the
quotes

for ex, if the name of the textbox for description is "txtDesc",
use the following line at the top of the page

$describe=stripslashes($describe);

so your code will look like

PHP Script #1: Editing description

print'
</textarea><br>
echo $info["description"];
print'
</textarea><br>';

PHP Script #2: (preview changes)

<input type=hidden name=describe value="<?php print
stripslashes($describe)?>">
<?php print stripslashes($describe) ?> <p>

PHP Script #3: (update database)

$describe=stripslashes($describe);
$sql = "UPDATE news SET release_date='$date', title='$title',
description='$describe', contact='$contact', content='$test', type='$type'
WHERE news_id=$id";
$result = mysql_query($sql)

make sure that you make use of stripslashes in both the pages ( in the
hidden field of the second page as well) otherwise you will have to use
multiple stripslashes() calls to get back to your original data

hope that halps
best regards

Ankur Verma
HCL Technologies