Well, why not store the item's in the session-var? When the session dies because of
timeout or user-intervention, the items dissapear too.

Or store a timestamp along with the items, and refresh the timestamps as needed. Then
put in a cron-job to delete out-of-date items left in the DB at
regular intervals.

-J

17.02.01 02:29:04, Joseph H Blythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>hey all,
>
>I was wondering how one would suggest removing items from a cart system once the
>session lifetime has expired. I have it set to the default 0, which
expires the session on browser close, what I want to be able to do is "delete * from
Cart where session='$PHPSESSID'" when the user closes thier
browser window is this even possible? maybe using register_shutdown_function or
something?