If you're using the odbc functions, then what's the purpose of FreeTDS?

---
Mark Roedel            | "A wise man once told me that everything in
Systems Programmer     |  life is either a lesson or a joke.  Our task
LeTourneau University  |  is to figure out which is which..."
Longview, Texas, USA   |                             -- Chris Savage