In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jack Sasportas) wrote:

> lets say we have a database with the State Names and cities, and I
> wanted to select all the cities in FL I would execute something like
> this
> mysql_query("SELECT * FROM cities WHERE state='FL'");
> and lets say there are 50 records returned....
>
> I want to be able to get all the cities in FL & GA instead of just FL
> and display the results together as if it was 1 restult.  Then the resul
> would be 100 records ( 50 FL & 50 GA ).
>
> Thanks!
>
> I did look on php.net and in a php book I have, but could not find
> anything...

The reason you couldn't find you answer in a PHP reference is that it's
really a SQL question you're asking.  Any basic SQL reference should help.
In answer to your question: a where clause can have multiple conditions
such as "WHERE state='FL' or state='GA'", which means if a record matches
either of the two possible conditions, then that record will be displayed.

--
CC