At 05:45 08.03.2003, Liam Gibbs said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>Here's the newest brain teaser: I have cookies disabled (well, I have IE set
>to the highest security mode, where it disables cookies). I understand that
>with cookies enabled, $PHPSESSID will return nothing when it works. However,
>it will return a value when cookies are disabled and the page is refreshed
>after a cookie is attempted. I'm still getting nothing either way. Anybody
>know why?
--------------------[snip]--------------------

You mean the SID constant I assume. This constant is only defined if the
client didn't send the right cookie.

There's no global variable holding the session identifier - you can use
session_id() to retrieve (and set!) the current session identifier, and
session_name() to retrieve (and set!) the name of the session (which
usually is PHPSESSIONID).

For further information check out http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php.

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger