Hello,
DomXML is a large improvement over Sablot. If you take a close look at XML,
you'll see that XML is used effectively with some technologies : SAX (Simple
Api for XML), DOM (Document Object Modelling), XSL (Extensible styleshhet
language).

The DOMxml php extension (http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.domxml.php) is a
wrapper for PHP usage of the libxml2 (xmlsoft.org) and libxslt1
(xmlsoft.org/XSLT) that helps you load XML files into DOM trees, manipulate
them using standard DOM API and transform them using XSL (with a blazing
speed, also).

You should compile your PHP version with DOM support (we have some RPMS
created for PHP with DOMXML support for Redhat 8.0, but they are not
released yet to the public as they are experimental).

I hope you have a better start now.

Alexandru

--
Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer

"Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> what is domxml ? is it similar to sablot ?
> >===== Original Message From "Alexandru COSTIN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
=====
> >    Hello,
> >
> >> Hello people,
> >>
> >> I want to start using Xml with php. How do I install xml on Apache with
> >Php?
> >> I am running redhat 7.2,Apache 1.3.12 and php latest version.
> >    If you want to use SAX, you should already have it installed if you
have
> >compiled PHP with '--with-xml'. (BTW, have you compiled PHP yourself? -
do
> >you know how to compile PHP?).
> >
> >    First of all you should upgrade to a newer apache, as as far as I
know
> >Apache 1.3.12 had some problem when ran with Sablotron (this would be
needed
> >if you will want to use XML with XSL transformations)
> >
> >    Then you should use the domxml extension (add '--with-dom'
> >'--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' to your configure patch when you are
> >compiling PHP). After you compile PHP, you should have support for SAX,
DOM