Hello James,

Your vision is very similar to ours.

You should take the Krysalis platform (LGPL) and give it a try. It's a
mature solution (similar to cocoon) for XML/XSL publishing, and allows you
to define the way requests are served, define the way dynamic XML trees are
created and then define how to add the presentation layer to them.

Alexandru

--
Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer