Right - but the problem is, the form is submitting to another site, so i don't have a way to store the variables. I could put them in session variables, but I would have to create another script and then forward the form submission to the outside side. This isn't working because the outside site requires the variables to be submitted via a form, or POST i guess. I don't even know if I'm going about this the right way - I just need to somehow store variables on my site that are submitted for processing to another site, so that when the user is sent back from that other site, i can put the values in the form fields of a new page.

Cpt John W. Holmes wrote:

I'm sending credit card info to a 3rd party credit card processing site.
 I would like to keep the inputted values and, after the approval, have
them appear in the value part of the form so that they don't have to
re-input the same values they had just put in for the credit card.  how
can i do this?

So put the value in the "value" attribute of your text box.

<input type="text" name="cc_number" value="<?=$_POST['cc_number']?>">

substitute $_POST['cc_number'] with whatever you send to the processing
site.

---John Holmes...