> >>I'm sending credit card info to a 3rd party credit card processing
site.
> >>  I would like to keep the inputted values and, after the approval,
have
> >>them appear in the value part of the form so that they don't have to
> >>re-input the same values they had just put in for the credit card.
how
> >>can i do this?
> >>

> > So put the value in the "value" attribute of your text box.
> >
> > <input type="text" name="cc_number"
value="<?=$_POST['cc_number']?>">

> > substitute $_POST['cc_number'] with whatever you send to the
processing
> > site.
>
> Right - but the problem is, the form is submitting to another site, so
> don't have a way to store the variables.   I could put them in session
> variables, but I would have to create another script and then forward
> the form submission to the outside side.  This isn't working because
the
>   outside site requires the variables to be submitted via a form, or
> POST i guess.  I don't even know if I'm going about this the right way
-
> I just need to somehow store variables on my site that are submitted
for
> processing to another site, so that when the user is sent back from
that
> other site, i can put the values in the form fields of a new page.

Well, if the site doesn't return the number back to you, then you can't
do it with the method you're using. You could use sockets or cURL to
POST the info yourself from within a script and then you'd still
maintain all of the $_POST information when you get the result back...

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/