Brad Wright wrote:
Erik, thanks, are you able to pint me to some good reference sources on
tokenizer's... i have never come across them before

I have been scouring the web, and am coming up a decided blank. :)

The only tokenizers I have used are the StringTokenizer and StreamTokenizer classes in Java. If you want to learn about these, go to this web page: http://www.mindview.net/Books/TIJ/ and download the book "Thinking in Java". Chapter 9 is the chapter that covers File I/O and discusses how to use them. I have a feeling that the PHP tokenizers work very similarly to the Java one (just judging from the docs on the PHP site).

Good luck,

Erik