Hello,

You will find our open source Krysalis platform interesting for PHP web
services.

http://www.interakt.ro/products/Krysalis/

You can also read my chapter for the Wrox (it's bancrupcy is a major
losss..) "Professional PHP Web Services" at
ftp://www.interakt.ro/pub/Krysalis/Professional%20web%20services%20with%20Kr
ysalis.pdf

I hope that this will give you a healthy start.

        Alexandru

--
Alexandru COSTIN
Chief Operating Officer
"Merlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am currently trying to understand how to place content on a different
site
> without giving away my code. SOAP seems to be the solution. I am absolutly
> new to web services. What I did understand so far is that it is basicly
> pritty simple to transfer some data like a currency exchange rate over the
> web service. But how about a complete web portal? Connected to the same
DB,