From: Beauford.2002 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 1:54 PM
To: PHP General
Subject: [PHP] Is there a PHP for Dummies?

I'm really tired of trying to figure out the PHP manual and need something
that explains things in plain straight forward English. Like
get_magic_quotes_gpc() for example - the manual says how to use it and what
it returns - but nowhere can I find out what it's for. Does it count sheep,
do a quote of the day, or what - maybe I'm just stupid - but in any event I
have spent more time in the last two weeks searching for things and getting
no answers - Any help in pointing me a good straight forward tutorial/manual
would be appreciated.

B.