on 01/04/03 8:01 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> "GPL enforces many restrictions on what can and cannot be done with the
> licensed
> code."

The point is, PHP is not released under GPL any more -- it's under QPL, so
this thread hardly seems relevant to any PHP list -- just my two cents
though.

/Why/ did they change?  They state it on the very next line:
"The PHP developers decided to release PHP under a much more loose license
(Apache-style), to help PHP become as popular as possible."

If you need to know more than that, I'd start by reading both licenses, and
perhaps looking for plain English or annotated versions of the licenses
which help you compare them.

But really, this isn't related to PHP any more.

Justin