Hi all,

I'm trying to grab information from two DBs one being a mamber db and the
other a report DB

I want to print a list of users(pilots for a Virtual Airline) from the Pilot
db and then next to them the nº of reports and total hours they have so far
from the REPORT DB.  The Pilot ID on this list must be a link so that when
clicked it will show the details of the reports.

I got this to but in a general for using a variable $login

so when the pilot/member logins it stores his ID in the $login and then I
use the SELECT * FROM table WHERE column = $login

to be more specific using this code:

<?
require("require/config.php");
require("require/authentication.php");
$auth=authenticate($login, $password);

    $link = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "password")
        or die("Could not connect");
       mysql_select_db("databse") or die("Could not select database");
    $query = "SELECT flight_hhmm FROM pirep WHERE pilot_id='$login'";
    $result = mysql_query($query) or die("Query failed");
    while ($line = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_ASSOC)) {
 $hhmm=explode(':',$line['flight_hhmm']);
 $totalm+=$hhmm[0]*60+$hhmm[1];
    }

    mysql_free_result($result);

?>

then to print out the number of hours I use this:

<?
echo $auth["login"]. '. You have ';
echo floor($totalm / 60).':'.($totalm % 60). ' total hours.';
?>

this show the total hours for $login which is the pilot id in the report DB.

now I have this code to produce TOTAL reports for the site:

    $link = mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "password")
        or die("Could not connect");
       mysql_select_db("database") or die("Could not select database");
    $query = "SELECT * FROM pirep ";
    $result = mysql_query($query) or die("Query failed");

$nb1 = mysql_numrows($result);

This gets me the nº of rows for all pilots the using echo $nb1 will print
the total reports.

Now I tried alot but no luck.  I wanted to get a list like so:

MVC103  -  100 reports Filed - 130 Hours Total
MVC104  -  10 report filed  -  50 hours total
etc,

having the ID (MVCxxx) being a link so when clicked it will show the
datails.  I tried the count() statement but like I said I new to PHP.

If anyone can help PLS.. take a look at the site, mind you it is in
portuguese http://novo.cdmvirtual.com