At 2003-05-29 11:38 -0700, Michael Isaacs wrote:
>Still new to PHP - any assistance would be very much appreciated...
>
>I am using a php script to send info to a local file for mail filtering.
>Whe the php script sends the following:
>
>fputs($nf, "MAILDIR=$MAILDIR # Default mail directory\n");
>
>the output actually has a chr 13, 10

You're probably running under Windows. Try using fopen('file','wb').
The 'b' stands for 'binary' and it should prevent the expansion
of LF to CRLF. It's mentioned in a note on the manual page of
fopen();

Greetings,
Jaap

-- Chip Directory
-- http://www.chipdir.biz/
-- http://www.chipdir.info/
-- http://www.chipdir.net/
-- http://www.chipdir.nl/
-- http://www.chipdir.org/
-- And about 30 other mirror sites world-wide.