Thanks for the promp replies to my message.  After a bit of testing, running
command line, and doing some debugging, I found that it was an ftp statement
that was causing the problem.  It was sending the file I was creating (which
was correct) in ASCII format and this was changing the LF to CRLF.  It took
a bit to track this down.

Thanks for the assistance.

Michael

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]