Well, I don't know if this might be it, but a while back, I had problems
with apache + php (forget which version) and a bug in php that cause memory
problems.

I was using an array to store fairly large amounts of data. What would
happen is something similar to what you describe. Modifying the code to
avoid using an array solved the problem. Have not had the problem since
upgrading php.

Martin

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]