On Fri, 30 May 2003 20:45:08 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Floyd Baker) wrote:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
> I have a routine that works fine on local win98 but when it runs on
> linux online, the screen output is cut short.  I have lengthened the
> 30 second script time max to 45 but that made no difference at all.
>
> Depending on the particulars, the routine stops at a certain spot.  If
> it is rerun, it stops at the very same spot again.  Putting in other
> particulars cause it to stop at a different point, further down.  It
> seems that changes which affect the number of mysql calculations, make
> some difference in the length of the screen display, but it's only a
> minor amount.  It cuts off somewhere around 4 pages.
--------------------[snip]--------------------

I once had this effect on pages exceeding a total size of 8k when running a
test server on an asynchronoous line (ADSL, in 712kB, out 64kB). As long as
the page fits into a single IP packet (which usually equals 8kB) no
problems occur, however if more than one packet is needed to transmit the
page the webserver will only be able to send the first packet. All pages
went fine when using a synchronous connection (in == out).

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035
    ^     http://www.vogelsinger.at/