I'm working on a Calendar script right now that uses sessions. When a user clicks
on the "edit" button a pop-up window appears so that the full calendar is
still available along with the new event that's being editted. It works
fine in Mozilla but in IE the pop-up window appears to log out the user.

I've tried starting a new session_name in the pop-up window, but it doesn't
seem to be working. It looks (basically) like this:

edit.php
session_name("edit");

include("validate.php");
        if (session_name != "edit") {
                session_name("website");
        }
        session_start();

Any suggestions on how I can use pop-up windows for editing and maintain a
person's logged in status?

thanks!

emma

--