Hello,

To download a file after a form like that:
<form name="download" action="downloadit.php" method="post">
Do you want to download....?
</form>

If he wants to download, in the file downloadit.php, there is:
header("Content-type: application/octet-stream\n");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=mysoft-1.0-truc.zip");
header('Cache-Control: public');
header("Content-transfer-encoding: binary\n");
header("Content-length: " . filesize($path) . "\n");
$fp=fopen($path, "r");
fpassthru($fp);

But, with IE, it saves the file with [] as:
mysoft-1.0[1]-truc.zip
And with Netscape 7.x, it saves the file with the .php extension:
mysoft-1.0-truc.zip.php

Does anyone know what to do to make it saved as: mysoft-1.0-truc.zip

And I would like to display a page telling "Thanks for download" or something...but if I had to the end:
header("Location: http://www.mywebsite.com/thanks.html";) ;
I does not work :(

Does anyone know how change the location and is there is anyway to know if the download has been perfomed 'till the end...

Thanks,
Vincent.