Could parse_str() help?

>From http://php.net/manual/en/function.parse-str.php:

void parse_str (string str [, array arr])

Parses str as if it were the query string passed via an URL and sets
variables in the current scope. If the second parameter arr is present,
variables are stored in this variable as an array elements instead.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashwin Kutty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 9:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Strings..

Was wondering if someone could tell me how I could do this..

I need the dynamically generated number (<NUM>) from a string, where the
string is:-

http://blah.blah.com/blah/blah?blah.com/blah=something:%3Asessionid=<NUM>&db
name=blah

Now I tried explode and split, with the '&' being as the delimiter, but
how do you dump the rest of the string..