----- Original Message -----
From: "David Nicholson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kevin Stone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP] How to avoid Socket Post output?

> Hello,
>

> This is a reply to an e-mail that you wrote on Mon, 16 Jun 2003 at 22:00,
> lines prefixed by '>' were originally written by you.
>
> > Oh wait..  unless that output is required somehow.  I removed the echo
> > statement now my request isn't being replied to by the database
> > script.
>
> For a quick fix, change:
>   echo fgets($fp, 128);
> to:
>   fgets($fp, 128);
>
> All the best,
>
> David.

Yes but when I fail to output the socket file the request is no longer
recieved.  No data is recorded in the POST array.  Let me explain once more
what I'm doing..

1) Initiate Script-A through the browser.
2) Script-A opens a socket connection to Script-B and posts a request.
3) Script-B produces a formated data string based on the requst.
4)  Script-B then opens a socket connection to Script-A and posts the data.

It should be seamless and it works for the most part.  But the thing is it
outputs this generic server info which you can see in this working example..

http://www.helpelf.com/test.php

You'll notice in the example that this server info.. I don't know what it is
becuase this is the first time I've done anything like this.. gets outputed
along with the request.  I can't NOT (double negative) output the request
file becuase it contains the headers and data which make it all work.  At
least that is what I realized a few minutes ago when I said ACK then Oh (see
two posts below).  :-)

Now I'm looking for a way to avoid that server info output, without
compromizing the functionality of the method,  if it is possible to do so.

- Kevin