That was my thought too, George. But if the user does not have cookies enabled, then I believe, as Thomas pointed out, that a SESSION is the only way to handle the variables. I have never done a "correct" session so I am trying to learn how to do them without having a userid and password for each user. I have played with sessions but I don't know if I am doing them correctly or how to do sessions without authentication.

Jay