On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Oscar F wrote:
> Does anybody know of any plans for an official certification path for
> PHP?. Are they launching something like that anytime soon?. Just curious.

Who are "they" ?

Do you mean the developers of PHP in general?  Nope, no chance.  We write
code, we do not manage world-wide certification programs.  Something like
that would be a fulltime job for a whole team of people.  Generally you do
it through partners who offer local courses and some sort of standardized
or approved certification test.  The oversight of doing this on a global
basis is way beyond what any of us have time for and personally I find the
value of such certification programs extremely questionable.

-Rasmus