David R wrote:

Hello,
I have a cookie question.

I have the following code is a file called tc.php

<?
global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS, $settings, $sql ;
       $val="123";
       setcookie ("auth", $val , time() + 3600);
       $cookie = $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS['auth'];
       echo "cookie is: $cookie";
?>

I have no problem retrieving the value cookie value ( 123 ) on my local
machine but when I post to the internet I can't get the cookie value.

Any ideas why?

Did you set the cookie for the production server domain? Cookies for your local machine won't still be there once you upload, you know.

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt
to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.