Don't put either php4apache.dll (or equivalent) or php4ts.dll in your
Windows directory.  Put the files for each version in separate directories
specific to the version (say, C:\php\4.3.2\dlls and C:\php\5.0.0\dlls), then
in your Apache .conf file specifically name this location in your LoadModule
command -- for instance:

   Module php4_module c:/php/4.3.2/dlls/php4apache.dll

This has worked fine for me for a while now.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]