* Thus wrote Tan Ai Leen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi, Can someone confirm that php does not have a auto timeout feature?
> Meaning something like session will auto expire irregardless of
> whether the browser is close or not?

two php ini variables that effect this:

; Lifetime in seconds of cookie or, if 0, until browser is restarted.
session.cookie_lifetime = 0

; After this number of seconds, stored data will be seen as 'garbage' and
; cleaned up by the garbage collection process.
session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440

Now if your cookie_lifetime is greater than your gc_maxlifetime, I'm not
sure if garbage clean up will honor the time of the cookie_lifetime.  I
would think it should.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."