SO COOL...

Thanks too all

-----Original Message-----
From: Binay Agarwal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 1:48 PM
To: Joe Harman
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] help with explode.....

> Okay... this probably isn't that hard to do... but I am just not sure
> to do it... so i will ask you guys... i amsure someone is going to
> have a one liner for me here!
>
> I am making a survey/poll builder everything is dynamic... there is an

> admin section where the user can make the new survey.. and set certain

> surveys as active.... but this where I am coming into some
> difficulties.... the program builds the form dynamically... all radio
> buttons... when the user submits the form i need to disect each form
> answer and then dump it into MySQL... So I need to know if I can do
> something like use the 'explode()' function no this... and assign them

> to variables... I need to draw out the radio button id and what they
> answered...

I really don know whether i got ur question or not. Probably ur
questions is abt fetching the radio buttons id and their corresponding
values, when a form is submitted . Well if u have large number of radio
buttons then give some common name to all of them. like radbut1,
radbut2, radbut3 and so on................

so u know anything starting from "radbut" is your radio button ..

now use $HTTP_POST_VARS or GET_VARS depending upon ur form method to
retrieve the variables/values pairs. i.e
while(list($key,$value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS))
{
    if (eregi("radbut",$key)) // radio button
    // Carry out operations u want