On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:48:04 +0200 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roman Duriancik) wrote:

> I have problem with variables in javascript and php.
> I have code in php and in this code I insert some values from javascript.:
>
>   $color = "<script><!--
>    document.write(screen.colorDepth)
>    //-->
>    </script>";
>

> when I write command echo $color - result is correct.
>
> but when i need insert or select some values from database with this
> value ($color) result is not correct

You are doing it just wrong.
The PHP-code is executed and returns the html-page (with the JS-code if you use the
print/echo command) to the user
Afterwards the JavaScript-Code is executed ON THE CLIENT and shows the color in the
page.
So the color never reaches the php-script.

Get a good book on how JavaScript works at all.

thomas