Hi,

> [snip]
> I would appreciate any figures on the web development market - because
> this is the market for most of us - and knowing the market could only be a
> good thing. I think we should consider this key figures:
> [/snip]

> {IMHO}
> I understand why your focus would be on the web development market, but
> I also think that another segment of the market (intranet web app
> development) is a significant market segment.
    I welcome your suggestion.

> There are many companies
> out there who are using PHP to develop in-house apps (they are not
> web-dev firms) and it would be these stats that would help to raise the
> perception bar for PHP advocates. Then there are the folks who are
> developing apps for use in the corporate environment (such as
> phpMyAdmin).
    This is indeed a very powerful market - as most of the companies that
we've directly questioned (companies that do either J2EE or Microsoft or
embedded C) admitted they do PHP especially for Intranet - helpdesk or
bugtracker applications, etc.

> I have spoken with others who use PHP extensively to power their
> in-house applications for many business critical functions as we do. I
> think that it would be prudent to include this segment in any research
> about the viability of PHP in the corporate environment.
> (/IMHO)
    We will surely include this in the research.

    The reason I've started this thread would be to identify what should be
look for in our research - as probably we will not have an already made
research at our disposal as our market is pretty new/small/weird for people
that do research for money.

    So I am still looking forward for responses/ideas and after this I will
probably create the survey and submit it for review to the interested
people, following to make it public

                Alexandru