I am running php as a client and I have the script running 24/7 to download the data from the connection.  Is there a function to see if the connection drops.    ??

is there a way to keep restart the function in the script.   perhaps use a while and exit the function with a number exit(3) and use that value as the condition in the while?

Randy

* Thus wrote Randy L Johnson Jr ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> I have done this but it does not seem to ever get to the end of file, I have
> it inserting the values into the database, it goes for awhile around 12 to
> 24 hours and then stops inserting the values into the database and I have to
> restart the script...

ah.. so it sound like the connection is dropping at some point thus
your socket becomes not usuable.

>From my previous post you can use

btw, any reason why your using pfsocketopen vs. just fsocketopen?
the pfsocketopen would be only needed if you plan on using that
socket on a different page request.

Come to think of it the pfsocketopen might even give you problems
even if you use the stream_set_timeout function.

HTH,

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."