> Each product that is in the database can have at least one attribute to
> it (i.e. color, size, etc.). Right now I've got a method in my Products
> class called ShowAttributes($id). This method, based on the ID passed to
> it, will query the db and ultimately return a string that makes up the
> drop down box for a form.
>
> Am I better off doing this sort of thing in a function or having the
> function only return the records I need and let the calling page handle
> the display of the records?

I usually allow the function get only what i need, thus making it as
simple as i possibly can. If you are using it as a drop down function
for a form then i would get the data form a generic source and populate
it with that information (i.e. i use arrays that hold data for forms,
and query the database to find out which item in the dropdown should be
selected.

So in short:
1. Have a function return only what you need (meaning that it should be
in the right format for you.)
2. Have the display page handle all the dropdown logic.

--
BigDog