Hello,

Is there a way that PHP can allow a user to browse the files on the server's network, and ultimately send the file to the user?

I'm making a database interface with PHP to be used internally on our network. Through a PHP interface, the user wants to browse their network and find a file, and insert the file's path into the database. The user then wants the database to display a link, which when clicked will open the file. They want this to work in Mozilla or IE, on both windows and linux machines. I tried making the path a link with file://"path", but Mozilla wouldn't follow the link (probably a security thing; it makes sense that links shouldn't open local files).

Is there a way that I can give PHP the network path (through $_POST for example), and it would return the file instead of an HTML document?

Thanks for any help,
Grant

--
Grant Rutherford
Iders Incorporated
600A Clifton Street
Winnipeg, MB
R3G 2X6
http://www.iders.ca
tel: 204-779-5400 ext 36
fax: 204-779-5444
Iders Incorporated: Confidential
Note: This message is intended solely for the use of the designated
recipient(s) and their appointed delegates, and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized disclosure, copying or
distribution of its contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please destroy it and advise the sender
immediately by phone, Email or facsimile.