Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I will run this past the people in charge of the network. I'm afraid that I'm not really very familiar with our network here (I'm just an intern :) ) I am pretty sure that all of our files are sent from a single server, which is neither the php server or my computer. Perhaps I can get them to make the necessary files accessible by ftp or some other method.

Thanks again,
Grant

Raditha Dissanayake wrote:

Hello,

More suprising is that the html you have below works perfectly on my mozzilla 1.4 running on Red Hat 9 :-) provided i do have this
exact path on my computer. /home/users/grant/Parts.txt

From what you are saying it looks like in your case '/home/users/grant/Parts.txt' does not exist on your computer but exists on another one. I am sorry to say PHP being a server side scripting language indeed has a huge effect on this.

One suggestion that i have is for you to you NFS (ouch) or samba and place that link in your php code. If you use NFS and mount it properly yes PHP being server side solution may not matter. :-)

Other alternative is for you to use good old FTP. PHP has an FTP api, however since you are on the same network you can even create links such as fttp://othermachine/home/users/grant/parts.txt and it would work just fine. IN this case mozzila will open the ftp connection and fetch the file for you.

all the best
raditha

--
Grant Rutherford
Iders Incorporated
600A Clifton Street
Winnipeg, MB
R3G 2X6
http://www.iders.ca
tel: 204-779-5400 ext 36
fax: 204-779-5444
Iders Incorporated: Confidential
Note: This message is intended solely for the use of the designated
recipient(s) and their appointed delegates, and may contain
confidential information.  Any unauthorized disclosure, copying or
distribution of its contents is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error, please destroy it and advise the sender
immediately by phone, Email or facsimile.